| 49th Annual Winter Harbor Lobster Festival
August 10, 2013
Lobsters, Breakfasts, Craft Fair,
Parade and much more
(A typical day)
Every second Saturday in August, the Winter Harbor (Maine) Lobster Festival, draws a
large crowd of spectators. It is a fun filled day with many scheduled
events. Watch the ever popular lobster boat races, with 13 classes rated
by size and power, shop at the craft fair with 80+ exhibitors, eat a
Maine lobster dinner and stay for the late afternoon parade.
Lobster Dinner includes:
Lobster, corn on the cob, dessert, coleslaw, & drinks. There will
be a variety of other foods available, such as coffee, muffins,
sandwiches, French fries, cotton candy, kettle corn, nachos, and
- 6:00AM-10AM ~ Blueberry pancake breakfast in the Masonic Hall in Winter Harbor
- 7:00AM ~ Registration for the road race on East Schoodic Drive, Birch Harbor.
- 8:00AM ~ Annual George Schaefer Memorial Road Race on East Schoodic Drive, Birch Harbor.
- 9AM-5PM ~ Craft Fair with over 80 crafters at the old grammar school.
- 10AM-12PM ~ Lobster Boat Races at Henry Cove, Winter Harbor.
(Awards following the race at the town dock)
- 10AM-4PM ~ Fish chowder at the Masonic Hall on School Street in Winter Harbor
- 11AM-3PM ~ Lobster Dinner with live entertainment located under the big tent behind the school in the ball field.
- 2PM ~ Fire department demonstration at AR Whittens on Main Street
- 4:00-5:00 ~ Bagpipe Concert sponsored by Schoodic Arts For All at Hammond Hall
- 5:30PM ~ Lazy Lobster Parade through Winter Harbor.
- 7PM ~ Contra dance at Hammond Hall on Main Street in Winter Harbor.
- And more!
Come for a day of family fun. Admission is free.